I’ve been procrastinating this blog post because it needs to be perfect. If I’m going to write about the greatest country turned pop star of my generation, I need to get it right. Taylor Swift is fantastic. There may be haters, but I’m here to change your mind. Let’s consider the reasons why:
1. She has the perfect answer for every state of mind. Literally everything. Going through a breakup? Taylor will sing you to acceptance. In an awful relationship?
Tay’s been there. Lovin’ him was red – believe me, I know. Do you love your friends? Do they make you feel 22? Are there nasty people that you have to encounter every day? Let me tell you something – don’t you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine. And all they’ll ever be is mean.
I listened to Shake It Off on repeat during commutes during my last month of work. Tay (and nightly bottles of wine) can get you through anything!
2. She cares about people: She’s like the queen of anti-bullying. She’s mastered the art of staying grounded amongst fame and fortune. She donates money to those who need it most. She regularly visits sick kids. She reaches out to bullied teens. She understands who got her to where she is and believes in giving back. Two years ago there was a huge thunderstorm during her show in Philadelphia. I was one of the 50,000 sitting on the concourse waiting for the rain to pass. She still performed and afterwards, although it was midnight, followed through with her visit to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. It didn’t matter if she was tired – sick kids were more important.
3. Every song she’s ever written ever: There isn’t a bad one. She’s catchy. She’s funny. She’s relatable. She’s clean (literally and figuratively.) Everything is appropriate – sometimes you wish she went into a little more detail but I guess we will just have to use our imagination about her current escapades with the dreamy Calvin Harris.
4. She’s entertaining: Whether mocking Harry Styles or picking on John Mayer or just dressing like a fantastic fashionista and putting on an incredible show – Taylor Swift is not a performance to miss. There is dancing. There are pyrotechnics. There are special guests. There are teenyboppers in adult bodies… It’s worth the price to go see her. Thunderstorm or shine.
5. She loves her family. Tay is like obsessed with her mom and still does Easter Egg hunts with her brother. Further proving we would be best friends.
6. She’s from Pennsylvania. Really great people are from Pennsylvania.
I keep trying to re-write this so I don’t sound like the creepiest fan girl on the face of the earth, but I don’t even care. I think she is wonderful and cannot wait to hang out with her tomorrow night. Maybe she doesn’t know we’re going to be hanging out and maybe 49,999 other people will be joining us, but it’s going to be fantastic just the same.