I get so much done when there is something I don’t want to do. The Queen of Mediocrity is likewise the Duchess of putting things off. There are a million things I could be doing before work today.
- I need a manicure and pedicure so bad it’s embarrassing but walking to the nail salon is cold and pampering yourself costs money
- My dog needs to be exercised but it’s still cold outside
- My laundry needs to be put away but I just keep turning the dryer back on to “fluff” my sheets
- I started a photo album of our 2014 trip to France – the only thing my father has asked for since we returned. Have I finished it? Nope. Do I want to? Very much. Is it driving me nuts? Yep.
- I need to run errands. I need to go to the grocery store and Target – I have a full page list of things that I am out of. I need to pick up my boots from the shoe maker and I need to get my oil changed. But alas, it is cold.
I feel like I’m procrastinating making this post worth while. Maybe I should stop. The only thing I’ve actually accomplished by avoiding all of these tasks is picking up where I left off in the blogging world. I’m putting off finishing another post that I started last night because I started to ramble and couldn’t figure out how to end it.
Ah- laundry is done. Time to get up and start the dryer again.